It is the second of January, 2018!
So of course I’m going to write the obligatory post about my New Year resolutions. They wouldn’t be New Year resolutions unless they included health topics. You know the ones…diet, exercise, getting more sleep, etc. This photo makes me think of health, and being refreshed. Can’t you just smell those oranges?
A few years ago I was going to the gym faithfully. Every, single, day, except Sunday. I went around eleven in the morning when it wasn’t so crowded, after my morning chores were accomplished. The first of January saw an influx of new gym memberships, or at least people using them. Around March, the excitement would start to die down a bit. Just human behavior.
- Continue the oil pulling I began back in the summer. For those of you that don’t know what this is…you put a spoonful of coconut oil in your mouth and swish it around for twenty minutes, before you eat anything in the morning. I experimented with this for about two weeks in July. I noticed whiter teeth and less plaque and tartar build-up. My mouth stayed more fresh all day, even when I did eat. This was my personal observation. Not a dentist’s recommendation or sell. I started with this once again this morning. It’s a bit disgusting at first, just getting that oily feel ignored, but after a couple days, no big deal.
- Stick with the Candida Diet I began the first of October. I managed very well through our anniversary, a trip to Branson, birthdays, and Thanksgiving. I even did fairly well around the Christmas festivities. New Year’s Eve…not so much. I’m feeling it now! It is very strict…no flour or sugar allowed, even fruit. But I’ve been totally amazed how much better I’ve felt. No more sore joints, and sleeping well. Sugars do cause inflammation in the body, so I’m sure this was part of the problem with my joint pain. Again, these are my own observations that I’m sharing with you, not a medical diagnosis.
- Of course more exercise! I would love to be walking here:But my view will be more like this one, here in Kansas:
- Start my newsletter! I’ve been wanting to tackle this for awhile now…just need the time to do it. I don’t want to start and then not follow through.
- Finish up home projects, or at least get them more under control. I’ve been working on our kitchen, but we do need a furnace upgrade, dining room makeover, and another bathroom installed where the furnace is now. Each year I have a mental list of projects. I try not to share them with my family. It causes people to run!
- Last, and certainly most important…keep my priorities straight. My relationship with God, my husband, my children, grandchildren, extended family, friends and co-workers. And yes, in that order. Some areas will over-lap of course, but there is a sense of order in our lives. I think that list also keeps everything else in-sync.
I wish each of you a Blessed 2018. I pray health, financial security, and great relationships for you. And when each of those areas comes under testing, and is stretched to its limit this year…because they will…I pray God’s peace for you, and the strength He gives to bear the difficult times in our lives.
Philippians 4:4-11 – King James Version
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.
11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
Happy New Year!
You must be logged in to post a comment.